Hello, and Welcome to Integrity Restored.
Protecting Young Children
Here are some things that you can do right now
1. Limit all screen time to less than 2 hours a day. This includes television, computer, cell phone, tablet, video games, etc.
2. Supervise your child’s use of the Internet. Never leave him/her alone with the internet.
3. Use internet filtering software, such as Covenant Eyes.
4. Teach your children modesty in dress and to respect their bodies and other people’s bodies.
5. Teach your children to come talk to you if they see a person who is not properly clothed.
Here are some things you can do now to help your teen(s).
1. Limit screen time to less than three hours a day.
2. Learn about the dangers of pornography together with your teen(s). Fathers should do this with sons and mothers should do this with daughters.
3. Use Internet accountability software on all the devices your family uses that have access to the internet. Covenant Eyes offers excellent accountability software.
4. Never let a teen isolate with the internet.
5. Stress to your teen the importance of respecting other people and not using them sexually.
In addition to protecting children and educating teens, the best source of prevention is a healthy parent-child relationship. When your kids know you care about them and are interested in their lives, they will talk to you about their struggles. They will want your advice. This requires taking an active role in their lives. Become interested in what they are doing in school, go to their sporting events, class plays and concerts. Make one-on-one time for them and listen. Knowing you’re on their side will help keep them on the straight and narrow path.