Happy Easter…HE IS RISEN! Alleluia!
Wow, what a penitential Lent we experienced this year. What a joy we have now to take part in the Resurrection of our Lord, albeit a change from our typical Easter Sunday. But like the first Apostles before Pentecost, we experienced something wonderful this year, whether in small family groups or alone. No matter how unconventional, the Resurrection is no less true or powerful in our lives.
Whether your Lenten practices were “successful” or not doesn’t matter now in the grand scheme of things. We need to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and move forward in hope. Even Peter denied the Lord three times during “his Lent” before he experienced the Resurrection! We need to have hope for our salvation, hope for our families and hope for the world.
Here at Integrity Restored, we wanted to share some of which gives us great hope. I think we should ponder the words of St. Padre Pio especially during this time
“Any mental picture of your life that focuses on past sins is a lie and comes from the devil. Jesus loves you and has forgiven your sins, so there is no room for having a downcast spirit. Whatever persuades you otherwise is truly a waste of time. It is also something that offends the heart of our very tender Lover. On the other hand, if the mental picture of your life consists in what you can be, or could be, then it comes from God.”
Even if you have struggled this Lent with the sins of impurity (or any sin, and don’t we all) or are struggling still, have great hope as St. Pio advises. God’s plan for you is greater than your sins and His love for you as a beloved son or daughter is immeasurable.
Here are five practical tips to stay pure with God’s help this Easter season and going forward:
- Place your sin of the past at the foot of the Cross and move forward with a spirit of thanksgiving and hope every day. Thank the Lord for his grace and mercy.
- Increase your daily prayer life, read scripture and “talk” to the Lord about what He is saying to you in His Word.
- Get professional counseling or coaching to break free of the psychological tether to pornography use or any other habitual sin.
- Stay connected in community, whether that be 12 step or parish- based, even if it’s only virtual meetings at this time.
- Serve others…reach out, stay connected, offer help and hope where you can.
Integrity Restored offers education, training, resources and encouragement in the battle against pornography addiction and we can’t do it without your prayers and support. Please visit our website for more information and resources. Please keep us in your prayers as you remain in ours.
Leave a Comment